Dometic Ascension FTX 601 (2022)
New for the season, the Dometic Ascension Tent is for the family looking for every feature possible to make their camping experience a luxury one. This has been achieved by Dometic designing the best possible tent they could almost regardless to price and this is seen from the sheer amount of features built into the tent. It really is the fine touches and details which make this tent what it is. The Ascension is available in two sizes a 601 & 401 (6 person & 4 person)
The other key theme for the Ascension is quality, Dometic have used their best Waterproof 150D Polyester fabric with double stitched seams to ensure the tent stands the test of time. With a 6,000mm Hydrostatic Head along with multiple ventilation panels (high and low) you can really get the balance between waterproof and airflow. Through-out the tent there is great interior height thanks to a very boxy shape and oversized beams. The tent can be pitched by one person in around 16 minutes.
The tent has four zones: a rear storage area to de-clutter the main body of the tent, a very generous sleeping area (with a master bedroom) to accommodate any air bed or camp bed, a big living area to make sure you are never short of space (especially on those rainy days) and a ample front awning section giving you a great a wet/dry area before entering, which also can be used to create the perfect shelter cooking area. An additional annexe can be zipped onto the side of the tent to give another storage space or a toilet location so that you don’t have to go far in the middle of the night.
Dometic’s Ascension has key features such as zip curtains and bedroom dividers with press stud poppers to retain the material when not needed. The poppers also allow you to hang lights and cables around the tent which is something you don’t see on any other brand. The Rear Storage area can be used to increase the depth of the bedroom or help to hide away any excess bags. It would also be a good place for a low wardrobe so you can get changed in the morning without having to go into the living area. Darkened sleep-tite bedroom help to make the whole family sleep longer by blocking out the early morning light.
Overall we feel the Dometic Ascension is one to look out for on the campsites for the 2022 season and is for the family who don’t want to compromise on loosing any feature.
- Exterior height - 220cm
- Pack Size - 90 x 58 x 50 cm
- Weight - 53.1kg
- Weathershield™ 150D - Offering a high-quality 150D polyester flysheet with a massive 6000mm hydrostatic head, Dometic's AIR range utilises some of the highest specification materials on the market. The material is specially treated to offer advanced protection against UV degradation and is fire retardant.
- Sewn-in Groundsheet - PE 10 x 10 130 g/m² 10,000 mm HH
- Inflatable - Oversized Tubes with External Inflation Points
- Deeper 225cm Bedrooms with boxy
- Box Style Bedroom - perfect for large Camp Beds and Airbeds
- Optional side annexe can be added for extra storage
- Secondary mesh doors on all Side doors
- Storm strap on the front and all guy-points
- Zipped inner divider - Offers greater privacy between inner bedrooms. Roll away when not required
- Metal Carabiner Lantern Hanging Points - Premium hanging points for lights
- Popper Cable Hanging Points - Easy to use and looks smarter
- New Bedroom low-level vents - low-level vents enhance ventilation throughout the bedrooms.
- Zipped privacy curtains - Simple and quick to use, zip curtains allow varying levels of opening.
- 'Sleeptite inner tents' - Darker fabric reduces the amount of early morning light
- Rear Storage Section - Ideal for taking the clutter out of the way of day to day living.
- Dometic Sabre Light Flex Compatible - Pre-stitched velcro points of Sabre Flex Lights
- Oversized Inflatable Frame structure - Allows pole free pitching, ensuring your tent is erect within a matter of minutes.
- All flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped - Provides watertight seal
- Dometic's Weathershield 150D Polyester - highly waterproof and reliable fabric that will keep you dry.
- Fully Sewn-in Groundsheet - adds to the comfort of your tent by providing a bug and draught free environment.
- Waterproof PE groundsheet
- Drop Down Entrances - Main doors have trip free access for push chairs and wheelchairs.
- Wardrobe Pole Ready - Clips in the bedrooms for optional hanging pole.
- Lightweight polyester bathtub groundsheet.
- Fully enclosed front awning - with an additional zip for add-ons.
- Full mesh inner door - Allows ventilation, whilst keeping bugs out
- Covered entrance - gives a sheltered entrance to your tent, which prevents rain from dripping into the living area
- Double zip door - provides additional flexibility by allowing the top of the door to be opened slightly for increased ventilation
- Bedroom pockets - conveniently positioned pockets for storing your essentials
- Inner Tent Fitting - Creates a seamless connection between inner and flysheet
- Living Room Pockets - conveniently positioned pockets for storing your essentials
- High Pressure Manual Pump Included
- Diamond Clear windows - Maximise light and visibility
- Tent Folding Line - Making points to you can fold the tent away with ease.
- Low and high ventilation - Combine to create a comfortable flow of air through the tent, reducing condensation
- Inflation Point Popper Cover - Gives easy access for pitching and packing your tent.
- Easypack holdall bag - Durable to take the effort out of packing your tent away