Dometic Rarotonga FTT 401
New for the season, the Dometic Rarotonga Tent is for the family who want plenty of space. The tent is available in two sizes, a 601 model will comfortably give the perfect amount of space for 6 people to sleep, live and cook while the 401 size is ideal for small families who are wary of weight and pack size. Personally we see the 401 model as the perfect couples tent as it offers everything you need and more for shorter or longer stays. Features is one thing this tent isn’t short of and it has been designed to give a luxury experience for the user.
The other key theme fro the Rarotonga is quality. Dometic have used their best Waterproof 150D Polyester fabric with double stitched seams to ensure the tent stands the test of time. With a 6,000mm Hydrostatic Head along with multiple ventilation panels (high and low) you can really get the balance between waterproof and airflow. Through-out the tent there is great interior height thanks to a very boxy shape and oversized beams. The tent can be pitched by one person in around 12 minutes.
The tent has four zones: a rear storage area to de-clutter the main body of the tent, a very generous sleeping area to accommodate any air bed or camp bed, a big living area to make sure you are never short of space (especially on those rainy days) and a ample open front canopy section giving you a great wet/dry area before entering which can also be used to create the perfect shelter cooking area. A additional vestibule can be purchased to enclose the space from the elements.
Dometic’s Rarotonga has key features such as zip curtains and bedroom dividers with press stud poppers to retain the material when not needed. The poppers also allow you to hang lights and cables around the tent which is something you don’t see on any other brand. The Rear Storage area can be used to increase the depth of the bedroom or help to hide away any excess bags. It would also be a good place for a low wardrobe so you can get changed in the morning without having to go into the living area. Darkened sleep-tite bedrooms help the whole family sleep longer by blocking out the early morning light.
Overall we feel the Dometic Rarotonga is something fresh and different in comparison to what we have seen in previous years and because it has some unique but iconic features we feel it is going to be a popular model.
- Exterior height - 210cm
- Pack Size - 85 x 44 x 45 cm
- Weight - 32.03kg
- Weathershield™ 150D polyester - Offering a high-quality 150D polyester flysheet with a massive 6000mm hydrostatic head, Dometic's AIR range utilises some of the highest specification materials on the market. The material is specially treated to offer advanced protection against UV degradation and is fire retardant.
- Sewn-in Groundsheet - PE 10 x 10 130 g/m² 10,000 mm HH
- Inflatable - Oversized Tubes with External Inflation Points
- Deeper 225cm Bedrooms with boxy
- Box Style Bedroom - perfect for large Camp Beds and Airbeds
- Secondary mesh doors on all Side door
- Storm strap on the front and all guy-points
- Zipped inner divider - Offers greater privacy between inner bedrooms. Roll away when not required
- Metal Carabiner Lantern Hanging Points - Premium hanging points for lights
- Popper Cable Hanging Points - Easy to use and looks smarter
- New Bedroom low-level vents - low-level vents enhance ventilation throughout the bedrooms.
- Zipped privacy curtains - Simple and quick to use, zip curtains allow varying levels of opening.
- 'Sleeptite inner tents' - Darker fabric reduces the amount of early morning light
- Rear Storage Section - Ideal for taking the clutter out of the way of day to day living.
- Dometic Sabre Light Flex Compatible - Pre-stitched velcro points of Sabre Flex Lights
- Oversized Inflatable Frame structure - Allows pole free pitching, ensuring your tent is erect within a matter of minutes.
- All flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped - Provides watertight seal
- Dometic's 150D Polyester - highly waterproof and reliable fabric that will keep you dry.
- Fully Sewn-in Groundsheet - adds to the comfort of your tent by providing a bug and draught free environment.
- Waterproof PE groundsheet
- Drop Down Entrances - Main doors have trip free access for push chairs and wheelchairs.
- Wardrobe Pole Ready - Clips in the bedrooms for optional hanging pole.
- Lightweight polyester bathtub groundsheet.
- Open Front Canopy - with an additional zip for add-ons.
- Full mesh inner door - Allows ventilation, whilst keeping bugs out
- Covered entrance - gives a sheltered entrance to your tent, which prevents rain from dripping into the living area
- Double zip door - provides additional flexibility by allowing the top of the door to be opened slightly for increased ventilation
- Bedroom pockets - conveniently positioned pockets for storing your essentials
- Inner Tent Fitting - Creates a seamless connection between inner and flysheet
- Living Room Pockets - conveniently positioned pockets for storing your essentials
- High Pressure Manual Pump Included
- Diamond Clear windows - Maximise light and visibility
- Tent Folding Line - Making points to you can fold the tent away with ease.
- Low and high ventilation - Combine to create a comfortable flow of air through the tent, reducing condensation
- Inflation Point Popper Cover - Gives easy access for pitching and packing your tent.
- Easypack holdall bag - Durable to take the effort out of packing your tent away